Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Poem

Here is a public service announcement for all the men out there:

Words Matter

Some Valentine's are cheesy, just corny word's you see.
"Bee Mine" or "Ruff you" are cute, but they just are not for me.
Then some can be suggestive, a promise of some naughty act.
I can't say that I hate those, Guys do! and that's a fact.

Then others can be quite funny, they make you laugh and chuckle out loud.
A picture of a fat guy, or a cupid in a cloud.
Don't get me wrong, I like to laugh; I'm not some stuffy guy.
Though I would much rather reach her heart and maybe make her cry.

For if you get those tears of love, your night will end up well.
You'll write your OWN suggestive card and that would be quite swell.
It's when you touch upon your joy and let her feel your smile.
Of thanking her for what she brings to you mile after mile.

So think before you buy that card, just what do you want from it.
What words is it saying for you? Are the sentiments legit?
Valentine's is for the girl. They'll hold your words so tight.
So DON'T SCREW up the words you say, and you will have an epic night.

Scott Sweitzer 2/12/11

No comments: